Saturday, November 22, 2008

Way to go Utes!!

Today was a great day! We puttered around this morning, cleaning and playing with the boys. Gary took the older boys outside in the early afternoon to rake leaves (and jump into the HUGE piles, of course) while I did a little grocery shopping with Evan. When I got back we had lunch and put the boys down for a nap while I started preparations for our Utah/BYU game party. I made up lots of yummy food - buffalo chicken dip, Shanghai wings, pizza crackers and shrimp. When our family started to arrive they came with chips and dips, veggies & dip and cookies. So much good food! We had Eric, Susan and Gary's parents here. Dan and Jack were so excited for the game, though I think Dan would have rather played football in the backyard - he says he is Brian Johnson. When Gary asked him who he could be, Dan told him Brent Casteel. He assigned Opa the role of Matt Hall. Eric was going to leave in the third quarter (because he thought Utah would lose!) but he hung around for the end. It was a great game - a little suspense, but a comfortable cushion. Now I can breathe a sigh of relief and patiently wait for the BCS bowl game.
As I was preparing food this afternoon Evan got up on his hands and knees for the first time and rocked back and forth some. It was so exciting! He has been close to it for the past day or two. Before we know it he'll be crawling around all over the place! Time to finish baby-proofing those basement stairs!
We finished a great movie tonight - Iron Man. I think it is the best superhero movie yet. We started it last night and I couldn't wait to finish it! I hope they make a sequel. If you haven't seen it, I recommend it.

WFD: Football food!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

I saw Iron Man in the theater opening night. I loved it!! I hope we get it for Christmas. So, the Utes won I am guessing?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for having me over. It was lots of fun!!!!